by Abby Boardman
Some classes at ONU haved moved from Blackboard to Joule. Here’s a step-by-step to navigating the new website:
- How to find Joule: Go to the MyOlivet portal at my.olivet.edu. Log in with your username and password. The “My Joule Classes” tab is located in the center of the portal’s homepage, with course names listed beneath it.
- How to log in to Joule/change your password: Once you have logged in to the portal, you have signed into Joule. If you are a first-time user, follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to you from IT describing how to get to Joule and sign in using a temporary password. To change your password, go to Joule at olivet.mrooms3.net and sign in using your Joule username and current password. Then select your name at the top right of the screen, click “Change password” (keeping in mind the password requirements when you create your new password) and click “Save changes.”
- Where to find announcements: Once you have clicked on the title of a specific course, announcements are displayed in the upper-left corner of the screen, as well as in the “Latest News” link at the top of the center screen.
- How to submit assignments: Navigate to the assignment in the course view and click its title. After reading the instructions for the assignment near the “Upload a file” label, you will see a small upload form. Click the “Browse” button, locate the file you wish to upload from your computer or USB and click “Upload this file.”
- How to check your grades: Locate the “Administration” block in the left column and click on the “Grades” link, or view your grades by visiting your profile, selecting the “Activity Report” tab and then clicking the “Grades” sub-tab.
- How to use discussion boards: Click the “Forum” link, select the title of the post (the link in the “Discussion” column) and click “Reply.” Type your subject and your message (both are required entries). If you would like to receive an e-mail when posts are added to the forum, use the drop-down arrow after “Subscription” to select that option. Use the “Browse” button to add an attachment (if desired) and click the gray button to “Post to forum.”
- How to use e-mail through Joule: Click on “Compose E-mail” in the “Quickmail” block. Under the “Potential Recipient(s)” section on the right, click on the individual to whom you would like to send an e-mail. To add additional individuals, hold down the “Ctrl” key and click additional names. To remove a name selected in error, hold down the “Ctrl” key and click the name to be removed. When all the desired names are selected in the “Potential Recipient(s)” section, click the gray “Add” button in the middle. The names should now be displayed in the “Selected Recipient(s)” section on the left. Enter the subject and the message of the e-mail. You can also add an attachment, if desired. Click “Yes” if you would like a receipt (an e-mail sent to you) or leave it as “No” if you would not like a receipt. When you are finished, click the gray “Send Email” button at the bottom.
For more information on how to navigate Joule, go to the “Student Training” tab in Joule, or contact the IT department at (815) 939-5302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.